Thursday, January 26, 2012

This morning is kinda a Rainbow Pancake goodbye kinda morning..


How To: 3 containers of Shake n' Pour Bisquick mix (buttermilk); food coloring; 6 mixing bowls; 6 spoons; patience with mixing colors; and be in a joyful and bright mood!

  It's the morning my brother heads back to his Naval base after a week of being home.
I hadn't seen my twin brother for about a year, so the long-over due visit was lovely.
Now, he is a little bit older, and a little bit wiser- but he's STILL the Adam I said goodbye to a year ago before I gave him up to Basic Training. ..Just, a little more frivolous with the women, I think. ahahaha. The joy I feel when I see my brother- indescribable. I know that he accepts me for all that I am, and looks up to me, as I am his older twin sister. It's a beautiful reflection of how Christ accepts us. With all of our flaws, with all of His heart, with selflessness and passion, and joy.
For his coming home party- we gathered as a family and enjoyed a messy helpin' of burritos!
For his going away party- we decided to try rainbow pancakes!
These turned out WONDERFULLY!! (with the exception of the purple ones.. hahaha)
The batch of pancakes added a bright and fresh perspective on an "Oh too familiar" goodbye...
If you want to try your own- good luck! They're quite simple! And have a blast!! We did! 
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment