Sunday, February 20, 2011

Come Sail Away...


ADAM

My Twin Brother, My Best Friend.
My Pain, My Support System.
My Bully, My Protector.
My Weakness, My Strength.
My Earthly Humility, My Pride.
My Tears, My Happiness.
My Brokenness, My Comfort.
My Muscles. My Huggie Boy.
My “just a phone call away.” My “so far away”.
My Prayer Request. My Prayer Answered.
My Past. My Present. My Future.
My Little Big Brother.

Adam, I have always been proud of you. And now, it’s not just because of the little things that you never thought mattered.
This is HUGE.
This truly is Some thing to be proud of.
But, don’t think I didn’t notice all of the little things. All of them.
Don’t think that I didn’t take notice every time you stood up for me. Don’t think I didn’t notice every time you sacrificed your comfort for mine.  
It meant more than you could ever know every time you built me up behind my back.
I know you hoped I never noticed, but I know you look up to me.
I couldn’t be more honored to call ANYONE ELSE my Brother. Every opportunity I have, I brag about you. You make me so Proud. You have a heart of gold.  Everyone else here knows it too. 
You, are no ordinary Brother.
You are MY Brother.
So successful in the things in which you are passionate about.
Never ashamed to be affectionate or silly.
Always Adventurous. Always Encouraging.
People smile when they see you coming.
Adam, That’s a blessing of a gift. Not everyone carries that.
Growing up, when people had a hard time tolerating you, I saw YOU. I saw the heart underneath of the sometimes, slight cluelessness.
The first time I saw people really take notice of your compassion, was when you were doing something you truly loved, something that I introduced you to- 4-H.
Your first year, an “H”. Wow.  I was livid when you didn’t get “Most Outstanding First Year Camper”. When they gave you that “H”, I balled. What an honor. My Brother. All those years of getting picked on- and that moment was so worth it for you. I could tell because I could feel it.
 Someone had finally taken notice. But Adam, I always have.
The things I could do with your Selfless Heart.
I know you are not leaving forever…
But, we will just have to let loose of the Huggie Happy Boy we always knew.
You will come back more appreciative of what you’re a part of.
You will come back more appreciative of your family, and friends, and will not take as many things for granted.
You will come back a Man.
The truth is, you will still come back as Adam.
Just, a more mature Adam.
You’ll still be the one that was there with me as we began to grow and understand the concepts of walking, and talking, of playing and sharing, of life, and love, of Heaven,
and Death, and of God.
You’ll still be the one who drank “chocolate milk” out of the mud puddle in the driveway.
You’ll still be the one who decorated the bathtub.
You’ll still be the one that gave me a pumpkin lip, a chipped tooth, a broken arm and chicken pox.
You’ll still be the one that yelled at me when I tried to teach you how to spell and read and helped to graduate high school.
You’ll still be the one that sat on top of the homemade grill with me and shouted “Underwear is Fun to Wear” for hours.
You’ll still be the one that would chop down trails into the brush just so we could go on pretend adventures for hours in the places we shouldn’t have been anyway.
You’ll still be the one who introduced me to new things: Adventuring, Milkyweek, Videogames, Weight training, Mustard, and lighters. –Even though, not all those things turned out for the best… hahah.
You’ll still be the one who believed me that putting books down our pants was a good idea.
You’ll still be the one who wrecked the Go-Kart with me.
You’ll still be the one who jogged with me on the beach to the dock when Dad slept.
You’ll still be the one who threw snow in my face.
You’ll still be the one who sees it my way that having an accessory around your neck is fashionable, and not a sign of being crazy.
You’ll still be the one who would drink imaginary tea with me out of Mom’s not-so-imaginary yet, expensive teacups.
You’ll still be the one that held my hand through every moment I needed it.
You’ll still be the one who feels for me, and I, for you.
But, it IS a big deal that you are leaving.
We will be strong for you, until you turn around.
Just thought I’d be honest.
Mama is letting go of her little Boy, Cierra- her fighting partner, Dad, his only Son, and I, my Twin Brother.
Adam, You will still be the one that I will miss. But you won’t be gone forever. You will only grow up a little bit more. And we will love you the same- maybe more.
We will no longer take YOU for granted.
I love you, Brobbity. With all of my heart.

Love, Sisserton Ains.

No comments:

Post a Comment